Friday 7 October 2011

How do I change a mpg format (video) to a DVD format to burn?

I downloaded a movie and it only was available in avi or mpg format. I downloaded the mpg but now i cant get it to burn onto a dvd. PLEASE help !!! Its driving me nuts and I am NOT that good with the computer so I DESPERATLY need help. Thanks in advance.How do I change a mpg format (video) to a DVD format to burn?The easy way: use a package like Nero Vision that takes any format and does all the work.

The hard way: transcode it if it's not in mpeg-2 format to mpeg-2, then use a DVD authoring suite to create the DVD.



There are other programs besides Nero Vision that do all of the work, but it's the first one I could think of.
How do I change a mpg format (video) to a DVD format to burn?
Okay... not the answer to your question exactly, but something to think about.



Changing the encoding is usually a long and tedious process to end up getting it to something you can burn to DVD, presumably so you can watch it on a DVD player connected to your TV.



Consider buying a cheap DVD player that plays DivX files. Then you can download .avi files from the internet, burn them to CD(s), and watch them using your DVD player.

No comments:

Post a Comment